Tuesday, 5 July 2011

14 Weeks

MUMMY

After an incredibly hectic weekend, this week's update is running a little late!  I saw bands galore this weekend starting with The Hop Farm Festival in Kent on Friday evening where I saw, amongst others, The Eagles, followed by The Pet Shop Boys and Take That on Saturday night at Wembley!  I have to say, of all of the bands I saw, I thought, unexpectedly, The Eagles were the best.  Take That were sadly a little spoilt for me by Robbie, who still appears to believe he is bigger than the band.  It was a shame - still a great concert though.  I hope Shrimpy enjoyed it as it was very loud and I'm sure she knew she was there!

It's that week we have been dreading (although also looking forward to in a way as it will be great when it is over).  We are moving out of our rented accommodation on Thursday, will be homeless for a few days and will then be moving in to the house I used to live in on Sunday.  I'm so not looking forward to all the packing we still need to do, the cleaning ahead of me or the lugging around of furniture and boxes but it must be done and at least the old dear is helping out so that should be good!

I am officially in maternity clothes!  I have been really struggling with clothing this last week as my size-up normal trousers are all now too tight (and hugely uncomfortably so) and yet the few maternity trousers I had from a bundle I bought on eBay were really for the much later stages of pregnancy.  I have been annoyed to discover that most high street stores have moved their maternity ranges on-line only! It flabbergasts me.  The one thing for certain with maternity clothing due to the bump and the way your body changes anyway when you become pregnant is that you really need to try things on!  I have lost count of the number of trousers I have ordered now from eBay that don't fit at all.  Most, most frustrating.

Pregnancy-wise, well, it's a funny time really.  Up until now, there has always been 'the next scan' within 2 - 3 weeks (albeit some of those were private ones) and now, there is sort of nothing happening until the 20 week scan, which is still another 6 weeks away!  I wouldn't want to suggest I was addicted to seeing Shrimpy but it sure is nice to see her and be reassured that she is OK.

We are considering getting another private scan to find out the gender at around 18 weeks, though.  Again, it is only £50 and the experience is SO much more pleasant than the NHS one and with something that is as important to me as finding out if Shrimpy is a little lady or not, I really don't want to do that in a 2 min NHS style, "Hey look Miss Wood, there's Shrimpy, ooh, look and a willy, right, off you go, see you at the birth!!". I've never kept it a secret that I would like Shrimpy to be a lady.  I won't pretend either that I am not going to be slightly disappointed if she isn't but most of all, I just want to know now so that I can start to picture life with a little son or daughter and think properly about names.  If Shrimpy is a boy, I know I will only be disappointed for a very short time and honestly, honestly, I know it's a cliché, but I really will be over the moon with a healthy baby of either sex.

Cravings-wise, well, at the moment, I just seem to crave naughty things all the time! I feel hungry all the time and all I want is chocolate / banana pancakes, eclairs, donuts, chocolate, burgers (ooh, chocolate burgers, there's an idea) and pretty much anything that is jam packed full of salt, sugar and lard (mmmmm, salt and sugar rolled lard).  Still no weird cravings though - terribly disappointing.

Anyway, other than that, I feel relatively normal and non-pregnant apart from my little baby pot belly.  I can't wait until it gets bigger.  It is hard to believe though that it is only the size it is, harbouring a mini human that is already about 9½ cm long! To put that in perspective, that is almost as long as an iPhone.  Jeepers, how is that and a big bubble and placenta and everything fitting in to my baby bump. Fascinating!

Ron finishes work at S&P today. :o(  I am very happy for him but a little gutted for me.  It is the end of an era where we have spent virtually 24 hours a day together, and a very nice collection of hours they have been.  It will be really strange getting the train to and from work without him, going to lunch on my own, not being able to lean to my right and see his handsome little face.  Still, I will get used to it and he really is better off out of this evil place so good for him.

Then, it is all about the packing and moving.  By the time I write again, we will be in my old home / our new home with my little Boogies again (Boog and Zoog - my beloved cats).

Current Symptoms:
  • A growing pot baby belly
  • Boobs that are STILL growing bigger (I have already gone from a B cup to a D cup - drooptastic!)
  • Very mild nausea - much less unpleasant than a couple of weeks ago
  • Constipation and diarrhoea (although I'm not sure if that was from something dodgy at the festival)

DADDY

It's always a little difficult going second every week (not that I'm complaining), since Natalie covers most of the main events and I find myself continuously starting off with "as Natalie said". This week is no different! Last week was indeed a very busy one and although I didn't go along for the Take That concert, I did get to see the Eagles and was incredibly impressed with Joe Walsh's playing. What a natural. Anyway, I won't repeat all the work / moving related things as "Natalie said" that already.

From a pregnancy standpoint, things are really getting much better. Natalie is starting to show a little bit and we've been able to go maternity clothes shopping during the week. We stopped off at Bluewater on the way home from work, which was really good fun. It turns out that it's a very convenient trip from Ebbsfleet International so we'll be able to do our late night shopping any time now. Natalie has just started wearing her maternity top and looks very beautiful indeed. I really feel like a participant now and so I'm really looking forward to the next few months. Other than having to spend some time apart, I think this summer is going to be fantastic!

BUMP

As Mummy said, I am about 9½ cm tall at the moment!  Look at me, getting bigger and bigger every day (frankly, I'm not surprised with all that sh1t Mummy is feeding me right now - I hope she is considering more of a healthy eating plan over the next few weeks).  Since I last wrote to you, my whole body has grown hair all over! Apparently, it's called Lanugo and will have fallen out by the time I enter the world but it's really weird being covered in the stuff.  Finally, my body is growing faster than my head, which is great news as I was getting totally out of proportion.

I've been continuing to work out my facial muscles too.  My favourite look at the moment is "The Grimace".  I must have picked this up from somewhere as it feels ever so natural.  I wonder if Mummy ever grimaces?

I had a bizarre sensation this week too.  It was like vibrations running through my whole body and some strange sounds.  I hadn't heard sounds like this before.  Well, I've only just started to hear things but anyway, I wasn't sure what it was but then I heard what sounded like children singing, a big build up and ......  "Never forget where you're coming from, Neveeeer  pretend that it's not real" and then Mummy was shaking about and saying something that sounded like "Take That, Take That, Take That - I love you Gary!".  My personal opinion is that the concert was good but I thought that Robbie Williams was a bit of a c0ck.

OK, chat to you next week my friends.  Only another 25 weeks or so before I get to meet you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment