Monday, 20 February 2012

6 Weeks Old

I'm afraid once again I'm not going to be able to write a proper post. I've been struck down with some kind of fever over the last two days and trying to look after a little one when ill is literally hell, especially one who just won't sleep! Thankfully, my mum and Ron have allowed me to have a day and night off to aid my recovery.

It seems to be one thing after another in these early weeks and our current biggie is that the little guy just won't sleep. He naps a little most mornings but won't nap in the afternoon or evening despite being utterly exhausted and then is a nightmare to settle at night so I am continuing to get virtually no sleep at all and am still waiting for my big gummy smile-shaped reward!

I know it all gets easier and that these few weeks will become a very distant memory but that doesn't make it any easier to get through at the time.  I'm just taking each day as it comes and trying to get through it basically and hopefully next week I will have the time and energy to write a proper post, maybe even with some success stories, but at the moment the lack of sleep, which is like no kind of sleep deprivation I could ever have imagined, has got the better of me and I would rather write when I can focus properly on the qwerties.

For now, I leave you with a picture of my little super hero (who I still love very, very dearly even though he keeps me awake most of the night!).

No comments:

Post a Comment